How to Stay Active in Winter?
Tips for Staying Active During the Winter Months
Sometimes it is hard to motivate yourself to be active in the winter. In some cases, the conditions may keep us home bound and unable to get out and enjoy our normal exercise routines or activities.
Here are some great tips on how you can stay active this winter season –
- Turn on the music and start cleaning
- Try a new winter activity that you’ve never done before:
snow shoe or cross country ski
- Do a winter activity that you love: ice skate or build a snowman
- Try a new indoor exercise activity: yoga, cycling, zumba or pilates
- If you’re already out and about, park in the furthest parking spot or take an extra lap around the mall
- Shovel your driveway instead of using the snowblower.
Offer to shovel a neighbor’s, too!