Want to know the key ingredient to staying healthy this summer? Water, and lots of it.
When temps rise, your body can dehydrate very quickly. This is why getting enough water (H2O) is key to a healthy summer.
Stay healthy and hydrated this summer with these tips –
- Make water your number-one beverage
- Carry a water bottle with you
- Drink 8 ounces of water at every meal and snack. Health professionals recommend at least 64 ounces of water a day, which equals about 2 liters or a half-gallon a day. Ask your doctor what is the right amount for you and your health needs.
- Fruits and veggies are a great source of water. Try to have at least five servings daily.
- Limit coffee, black teas, dark soda pop and energy drinks with caffeine.
Signs of dehydration may include –
- Dry lips, mouth and skin
- Limited urination