Posted: July 9, 2019 by quartzdev
Float Your Boat Right
Before every float, make sure you know what it takes to stay safe in your boat. A pre-departure checklist ensures you have what you need out on the water –
- Load up with life jackets. They save lives. Have at least one life jacket available on board for each person. Attach a whistle to each life jacket so you can signal for help if needed. An additional throwable device is required if the vessel is more than 16 feet long.
- Take the toolbox. A set of basic tools can come in handy when you’re away from shore.
- Stock up your first-aid kit. Be prepared for unplanned bumps, cuts and bruises.
- Find the fire extinguishers. Always carry at least one on board and make sure it’s accessible.
- Don’t forget distress signals. Store flares and day signals in a dry location and show your passengers how to use them to let rescuers know where you are.
- Watch the weather. Keep your eyes on the radar and your ears on a radio to be aware of changing conditions.
Support for a Life Well-LivedRead more
Tips from Dr. Patricia: Staying Safe in the SunRead more
Take a Stand Against DiabetesRead more
Step by StepRead more
Manage Medications Easier with Pharmacy Benefits ToolRead more
Quartz Launches Mental Well-Being Programs with AbleToRead more
Leave diabetes behind and move forward to healthier daysRead more
Quartz Continues Partnership with Milwaukee Brewers for 2023 SeasonRead more
Welcome to better well-beingRead more
Quartz Receives Richard L. Doyle Award for Successful Prior Authorization AutomationRead more