Let’s Get on Track to Prevention
Even when we have the best intentions, life can have different plans. An estimated 41% of adults in the U.S. delayed or avoided medical care during the pandemic.
The COVID-19 pandemic took many of us off track on our journey to better health and wellness. Keeping safe, and doing our part for public health and safety, sometimes meant postponing a physical. It meant postponing a test or even a lifesaving screening.
Let’s get back on track to preventive care that can prevent serious medical issues in the future. Remember, many preventive health services are covered at no cost to you when delivered by a provider in your network. Check your plan for details.
You can earn Quartz Well points for a range of preventive services.
Preventive services usually fall into three categories:
- Checkups for children usually take place at 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24, and 30 months with annual visits from ages 3 to 17.
- Annual routine physical exams for adults are recommended. These exams often focus on checking blood pressure, assessing overall health, and screening for healthy weight.
- Tests to screen for conditions vary by age, gender, and family history. Tests can diagnose conditions while treatments are more likely to be effective.
- Check with your provider to see what screenings you may need to get back on track to good preventive care.
- Vaccines are recommended for children beginning around age 2 months. Immunizations for adults vary by age and gender.
- Check with your provider, see where you’re at, and get up-to-date on immunizations.