Does Quartz Medicare Select cover Medicare Part D?
Quartz does not cover Medicare Part D. If you are interested in purchasing a Medicare Part D plan, we can provide information about companies that cover this plan.
Who are my participating providers?
You can find a list of participating providers (doctors, hospitals, and other health care facilities) by going to QuartzBenefits/FindaDoctor (select the Commercial HMO/POS network), or in the Medicare Select Provider Directory.
What is a Primary Care Provider (PCP)?
A Primary Care Provider (PCP) is a doctor (MD), physician’s assistant (PA), or nurse practitioner (NP) who manages your health care so you receive consistent medical care in an effective and efficient manner. Your PCP will coordinate your medical care through the use of participating specialty practitioners.
Do I need to choose a PCP?
Quartz requires all members to have a PCP.
To select your PCP, Quartz provides you with the following options:
- Choose a PCP from the list of participating practitioners found at QuartzBenefits.com/FindaDoctor (select the Commercial HMO/POS Network), or in the Medicare Select Provider Directory.
- Choose a participating clinic, and Quartz will assign a PCP at the clinic.
- Have Quartz assign you a PCP and clinic close to your home.
- If you would like help selecting a UW Health PCP, contact the UW Health Welcome Center at (800) 552-4255, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can also send an email to [email protected].
Can I change my PCP?
Yes. You can change your PCP at any time. We offer two convenient ways to change your PCP:
- Go to QuartzMyChart.com
- Call Quartz Customer Service at (800) 362-3310.
PCP changes are effective on the day of Quartz’s receipt of your request, unless you request a future date.
Do I need to see my PCP for all my health care?
You should talk with your PCP before seeing other types of practitioners, so he/she may coordinate your health care.
What if I need to see a specialist?
You should work with your PCP to determine if you need specialty care. If you do, he/she will refer you to an appropriate specialist who is participating in your network.
What if I want to terminate my Medicare Select plan?
Requests to terminate coverage need to be submitted in writing. Please send your request by mail or fax to:
840 Carolina Street
Sauk City, WI 53583
Fax: (608) 775-8060
Email: [email protected]
Customer Service Phone: (608) 644-3430 or (800) 362-3310