Heart & Blood Pressure Health Toolkit
According to the American Heart Association, nearly 50% of American adults have high blood pressure. Many don’t even know it. High blood pressure can lead to heart attacks, strokes, and other debilitating conditions if left uncontrolled.
This toolkit gives you information to promote heart health and help your employees learn how to manage their blood pressure.
Blood pressure monitoring equipment is offered to eligible commercial members who have been diagnosed with hypertension at no or a reduced cost. For more information about their benefits or to determine if they are eligible, have your employees contact Quartz Customer Success at (800) 362-3310.
We offer engaging presentations on this topic. Most are 30-45 minutes. They may be modified to meet the needs of your group. A cost may be associated with some programs.
Some are offered face-to-face at your workplace. Others are video presentations. We can also offer these presentations to your staff remotely.
Review the Toolkit Presentation Catalog to determine if any meet your needs. To schedule a presentation, call (800) 926-8227.
Download the following materials from the American Heart Association:
- High Blood Pressure Fact Sheet English | Espanol
- How to Measure Your Blood Pressure at Home English | Espanol
- What Can I Do To Improve My Blood Pressure? English | Espanol
- High Blood Pressure and Stroke
- African Americans and High Blood Pressure
Programs & Tools
These websites offer additional programs and tools that you can offer to your employees:
- What is high blood pressure?
- American Heart Association Support Network
- Email Template – to communicate with your employees to remind them of the proper way to prepare for their blood pressure screening to assure accurate readings.