Tobacco & Nicotine Dependence Toolkit
We want to help you and your employees achieve your best health. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, tobacco dependence is our nation’s No. 1 preventable health problem. We have gathered tobacco-related resources in this toolkit for you. You can share it with your employees if tobacco and nicotine dependence is an issue in your workplace.
For benefit information, have your employee call Quartz Customer Success at (800) 362-3310.
We offer engaging presentations on this topic. Most are 30-45 minutes. They may be modified to meet the needs of your group. A cost may be associated with some programs.
Some are offered face-to-face at your workplace. Others are video presentations. We can also offer these presentations to your staff remotely.
Review the Toolkit Presentation Catalog to see if any meet your needs. To schedule a presentation, call (800) 926-8227.
These materials can be printed and hung in your workplace. They can also be used as handouts for employees or linked to your company intranet.
Programs & Tools
These websites offer additional programs and tools that you can offer to your employees:
Wisconsin Tobacco Quit Line
- Quit Line
- 1-800-QUITNOW (1-800-784-8669); available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Free counseling, free medications and free access to online coaching.
American Cancer Society
- Quit for Life
- 866-QUIT-4-LIFE (866-784-8454); 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except Thanksgiving, Christmas and July 4)
American Lung Association
- Lung HelpLine & Tobacco QuitLine
- 800-LUNGUSA (800-586-4872)
National Cancer Institute
- NCI’s telephone quitline: 877-44U-QUIT (877-448-7848); TTY 800-332-8615; 8 AM to 8 PM ET, Monday through Friday (English and Spanish)
- LiveHelp, live online chat assistance, available 8 AM to 11 PM ET, Monday through Friday (English only)
More information can be found on these organization’s websites:
- University of Wisconsin Center for Tobacco Research and Intervention
- Centers for Disease Control
- National Cancer Institute
- Quartz Health Topic Knowledgebase
Tobacco-Free Worksite Related Resources:
- UW-CTRI: “Make It Your Business: Strategies For A Tobacco-Free Workplace In Wisconsin,” Available: https://ctri.wisc.edu/employers/toolkits
- ClearWay Minnesota: “Tobacco Cessation Toolkit for Taft-Hartley Funds,” Available: https://www.publichealthlawcenter.org
- American Lung Association: “Making Your Worksite Tobacco-Free,” Available: www.lung.org