Why a 5-Star Rating from Medicare Matters
Here at Quartz, we think achieving a 5-Star Rating from Medicare is a really big deal! For 2021, only 21 Medicare Advantage plans in the nation achieved a 5-Star Rating, and Quartz Medicare Advantage (HMO) has two of them!*
The good news for consumers is they can switch to one of our 5-Star Medicare Advantage plans anytime during the year – not just during Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period.
Nine different categories contribute to a health plan’s rating. Here are a couple of our top-rated results that make a compelling case for choosing a 5-Star plan.
1. Member Experience with the health plan. We received an overall excellent rating of 5 for this category, which includes:
- Customer Service
- Health care quality
- Getting appointments and care quickly
- Care coordination
- How you rate your experience with our plan, including getting your prescriptions and care from your doctors.
2. Staying Healthy. Our plan received an overall excellent rating of 5 for how well we keep you healthy with reminders about preventive screenings, checkups, and vaccines, including:
- Breast cancer screenings
- Colorectal Cancer screenings
- Annual flu vaccines
To view the 2021 Star Ratings Fact Sheet from CMS, visit QuartzBenefits.com/MedicareAdvantage. To learn more about star ratings, visit medicare.gov.
*Every year, Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-Star Rating system. Star ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next.
Sources: medicare.gov; CMS 2021 5-Star Ratings Sheet for Quartz Medicare Advantage (HMO)