WI ePDMP patient reports for prescribers now link to information about Wisconsin addiction resources for health care professionals, as well as patients and their families:
Clicking on "Learn More About Addiction Resources" provides information about the following resources from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services –
- The University of Wisconsin Addiction Consultation Hotline, provides real-time support for health care professionals from specialists in addiction medicine, addiction psychiatry, psychology, and AODA counseling.
- Project ECHO (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes), a statewide initiative that connects clinical experts with primary care providers and medication assisted treatment prescribers across Wisconsin.
- The Wisconsin Addiction Recovery Helpline, available to connect people with resources to overcome dependence on opioids or other substances.
Prescriber Led Alerts
The "Add Prescriber Alert" button allows prescribers to place alerts on WI ePDMP patient reports to inform other health care users about the following patient events –
- Treatment Agreement
- Violation of Treatment Agreement
- Overdose Incident
Alerts created for purposes other than the patient events listed above are not allowed and will be removed by WI ePDMP administrators.
Prescriber Metrics Reports
Prescribers can access valuable information about their own prescribing practice by clicking on the "Prescribing Practice Metrics" icon when logged in to the WI ePDMP. This feature is not available to users who access patient reports from a single sign-on within their EHR.
In addition to a complete list of dispensings associated with their DEA numbers, prescribers can view a summary of their controlled substances prescribing volume compared to peers of the same specialty, as well as an indication of their patients with alerts, the distance their patients travel for controlled substance prescriptions, and an estimation of their WI ePDMP usage.
Coming in 2019
Additional enhancements are in store for the WI ePDMP in 2019 to make sure it continues to meet its users' needs. The 2018 user satisfaction survey showed a high-satisfaction rate with the WI ePDMP and helped identify many of the upcoming enhancements. Your feedback is valuable to the continued success of the WI ePDMP!
- Additional user surveys and online focus groups will be conducted to gather and refine ideas for priority enhancements.
- If you do not receive a survey but are interested in providing feedback, contact WI ePDMP staff to be included in the focus groups.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org