Members’ Frequently Asked Questions
The Quartz® CashCard benefit helps you save on out-of-pocket costs for over-the-counter (OTC) health-related items, fitness memberships, and rides to routine medical appointments. Each member gets a Quartz® CashCard that’s preloaded, activated, and ready to use. Your card’s funds are available to use per quarter/year and don’t carry over to the next.
How to use your Quartz® CashCard Benefit
How can I use my Quartz CashCard Benefits?
You can shop online and get OTC items delivered!
We’ve added a convenient shopping experience from NationsOTC. You can use your Quartz® CashCard to buy covered OTC items online, over the phone, or by mail-order catalog. Simply choose the most convenient option for you, and NationsOTC will fulfill and deliver your order at no additional cost.
How to order:
- QuartzMyChart.com: Sign in to Quartz MyChart. From the menu, choose the Quartz® CashCard portal. Within the portal, click on the NationsOTC button. Next, select your products, then place your order by completing the checkout process
- NationsOTC.com: Go directly to this website, and sign in by entering your Quartz Medicare Advantage member ID and date of birth. Select your products and place your order by completing the checkout process.
- Phone: Call (888) 315-0665 (TTY: 711) to speak with a NationsOTC Member Experience Advisor, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST
- Mail-order: To request a catalog and/or mail-order form, call NationsOTC at (888) 315-0665 (TTY: 711).
You can shop online at CVS.com, RiteAid.com, and Walgreens.com. You can use your Quartz® CashCard like a credit card while shopping online.
You can shop in stand-alone stores: You can use your card at CVS, RiteAid, Walmart, and Walgreens stores. (Target CVS locations are not included.)
Where can I find a list of covered over-the-counter (OTC) items?
You have access to the NationsOTC Products catalog while shopping on their website, or you can ask NationsOTC Member Services to mail you one for mail-order shopping.
Some of the most common categories of eligible OTC items you may buy are:
- Bladder products (hemorrhoid cream, laxatives, etc.)
- Eye and ear care (contact solution, eye drops, ear drops, earwax remover)
- First-aid (single-use face mask, bandages, antibacterial ointment, and wipes)
- Foot and leg treatments (athletes’ foot cream, body powder, and compression stockings).
- Heart health and essential fatty acids (fish oil, flax supplements, etc.)
- Incontinence (diapers, pads, and rash cream)
- In-home testing and monitoring* (equipment to monitor blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, and Covid-19 at-home tests).
- Oral hygiene (toothbrush, toothpaste, denture cleaners, adhesives, and floss).
- Pain relief (acetaminophen, Advil, Tylenol, Aleve, cold packs, Epsom salt)
- Respiratory/allergy (nasal spray, allergy tablets, vapor wipes, cough drops, cold & flu liquids).
- Skin and scalp (aloe gel, eczema cream, topical sunscreen).
- Travel sickness products (acupressure wristband and motion sickness tablets).
- Vitamins and minerals*
*Dual-purpose items are health-related items that may be used for either a medical condition or general health and well-being. You can use your Quartz® CashCard for these items if your doctor recommends them and when you have discussed them with your doctor first. If you need help determining dual-purpose items or items covered under Medicare Part B or Part D, call Customer Success.
Are funds automatically loaded into my account?
Yes. Your Quartz® CashCard is preloaded with a predetermined amount (depending on your plan’s card benefit).
- Your card’s funds are available for the quarter/year and do not carry over to the next.
- You can find your benefit amounts in your plan’s Evidence of Coverage document, which is available in your MyChart account, Member Guide, or by calling our Customer Success team at (800) 394-5566 (TTY: 711).
Where can I find my CashCard balances?
You can check your card’s balances:
- Anytime online in the Quartz® CashCard portal in MyChart at QuartzMyChart.com.
- By calling our Customer Success team at (800) 394-5566 (TTY: 711), Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Oct. 1 – March 31, seven days a week from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Through the Quartz® CashCard mobile app.
How much of the CashCard funds can I use toward OTC items?
Your Quartz® CashCard is preloaded with $400. You can use the funds to pay toward over-the-counter health-related items for the year. Funds are available for the calendar year and don’t carry over to the next.
How much of the CashCard funds can I use toward a fitness membership?
Your Quartz® CashCard is preloaded with $400. You can use the funds to pay toward a fitness membership for the year. Funds are available for the calendar year and don’t carry over to the next.
To check your Quartz® CashCard benefit amounts, please see your Evidence of Coverage, Member Guide, or call our Customer Success team at (800) 394-5566 (TTY: 711).
My CashCard was declined, so I paid for the item myself. Can I get reimbursed?
When you pay out-of-pocket for an eligible item or service at a participating retailer and have available funds on your card, please submit a reimbursement request. Please save all of your receipts, too! You’ll need them with your submittal.
You can also request reimbursement if you forget to take your card with you or if the participating retailer isn’t able to swipe your card.
Please remember that approved purchases are automatically paid for up to your card’s balance. If your purchase is more than your card’s balance, it will be declined, and any remaining balance will need another form of payment. In this case, you cannot request reimbursement.
How can I submit a reimbursement?
- Online through the Quartz® CashCard portal in MyChart.
- Complete and mail the reimbursement request form, which is available in MyChart.
- Through the Quartz® CashCard mobile app.
Once we process your reimbursement request, we’ll send you a check and deduct the amount from your card’s balance. (Please allow at least 30 days to receive the check.)
I already have a NationsOTC account from last year; can I use the same account this year?
No. You have a new account for this plan year and direct access to the NationsOTC website at Quartz.NationsOTC.com.
- Keep your Quartz® CashCard handy while shopping to enter the card number at checkout.
- If you want to buy more than your available balance, you’ll need a different form of payment.