In Wisconsin, recognition of domestic partnership is provided by law. One of the benefits of domestic partnership is the ability to cover domestic partners (and their qualifying children) on one health insurance policy. However, insurance companies are not required to provide domestic partner health insurance.
1. Are at least 18 years of age and mentally competent to consent to a health insurance contract
2. Can be the same sex or opposite sex
3. Have lived together for at least six months prior to enrollment in the health insurance plan
4. Are not legally married to anyone else nor have another domestic partner
5. Are not related by marriage
6. Are not related by blood closer than permitted under the marriage laws of the State of Wisconsin
7. Have entered into the domestic partner relationship voluntarily, willingly and without reservation
8. Have entered into a relationship which is the functional equivalent of a marriage and which includes all of the following –
9. Intend to continue the domestic partner relationship indefinitely, with the understanding that the relationship is terminable at the will of either partner
10. Can provide all or some of the types of documentation indicated below if requested –
Domestic partners may also be eligible for subsidies, depending on income and number of people in the household.
Domestic partners insured by Quartz receive the same coverage as a married couple who purchase the same plan. Quartz Benefits Health Insurance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or health status in the administration of the plan, including enrollment and benefit determinations.
Need an inclusive and caring health insurance company in Wisconsin? Get a Quote for a domestic partner health insurance plan or give our helpful and friendly customer service representatives a call at 800.362.3310.