Quartz is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, where the unique insights, perspectives, and backgrounds of all employees are valued. Quartz’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement say to respect the differences and perspectives of our employees, customers, and our community.
Quartz honors diversity, equality, and inclusiveness by:
- Understanding and respecting the insights, views, and backgrounds of a multi-cultural workforce
- Learning more about cultural differences and building an environment of trust, respect, and inclusion
- Creating an inclusive workplace environment
- Teaming up with community collaborators to improve diversity awareness
- Educating, building, coaching, and promoting diversity and inclusion
- Being accountable and measuring the impact, influence, and path of our efforts
Quartz core values are:
- Respect. Is about creating an environment where everyone is treated fairly and with dignity. Everyone’s voice is heard. Employees should be honest and ethical, always.
- Relationships. Quartz is committed to building strong relationships not only with customers and members but also within teams, departments, and management.
- Responsibility. As a core value is about holding oneself and each other accountable, striving to meet Quartz’s standards of excellence, and fostering mutual trust.
Acting on its commitment, Quartz in collaboration with UW Health, SwedishAmerican, and UnityPoint Health - Meriter, recently finalized a partnership with the US Army to ensure that job opportunities are more accessible to soldiers, cadets, and veterans.
The Partnership for Youth Success (PaYS) Program is a strategic partnership between the US Army and a cross-section of corporations, companies, and public sector agencies. The program guarantees Army Reserve and Active Duty Soldiers and ROTC cadets two job interviews and possible employment after completion of their Initial Entry Training, degree requirements, and/or completion of the first term of service. This is part of the Army’s overall effort to partner with America’s business community and connect America with its Army.
This program not only benefits military personnel but also benefits Quartz by increasing the diversity of our hiring pools. Hiring military personnel or veterans brings us employees who have already been trained in teamwork and leadership and who have had to quickly learn new skills and concepts.
Quartz is committing to the following actions:
- Enter hiring needs/open jobs into the US Army database/careers website and monitor applicants
- Provide interviews to qualified PaYS soldiers and ROTC cadets, and report interview and hire data back to the Army via the PaYS Information Exchange tool
- Attend Army-sponsored recruitment and community events, including career fairs
To honor this partnership, Quartz, in conjunction with UW Health, SwedishAmerican, UnityPoint Health - Meriter, and the US Army, held a public signing ceremony that took place on Veteran’s Day, November 11, 2020. Click here to watch and commemorate this important agreement.