Making a Difference
Quartz is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, where the unique insights, perspectives and backgrounds of all employees are valued. Our Diversity & Inclusion Change Team has four active workgroups that support this mission. Here’s
an overview of each committee and some of their 2017 successes.
Supplier Diversity Touchstone Committee
- Goal: Develop and implement a supplier diversity program that is integrated with the business.
- Key accomplishment: Updated our vendor Request for Proposal process to include voluntary questions identifying minority / women ownership status. Invited qualifying area companies to bid on Quartz services.
External Outreach Touchstone Committee
- Goal: Develop partnerships, collaborations, sponsorships and trainings with members and community stakeholders.
- Key accomplishments: Partnered with organizations to enhance diversity, including LGBT and Hmong groups, United Way, Boys & Girls Club, Centro Hispano, UW Health for the Madison OutReach Pride Parade, Latino Professional Association,
YWCA La Crosse and Sauk County Development Corporation.
Internal Outreach Touchstone Committee
- Goal: Develop an internal strategy to increase organization inclusion via targeted standards, programming and training.
- Key accomplishments: Promoted volunteer opportunities and improved cultural competency training. Quartz sponsorships were made more visible on our intranet to increase employee awareness of our diversity and inclusion activities.
Recruitment and Retention Touchstone Committee
- Goal: Increase the representation of diverse populations within our organization through recruitment efforts.
- Key accomplishments: Identified target populations for recruitment and was actively involved in recruitment efforts at area colleges, universities and high schools. Worked with the Urban League of Greater Madison as an employer partner
of the Healthcare Administrative Training Program and hired one graduate.