Are you confident you're not overlooking these five places?
Yikes! You cover your entire body with sunscreen and head out for some summer fun only to find you missed a spot — and now it’s sunburned.
Studies show the sun’s ultraviolet rays are the major cause of skin cancer. Next time, protect yourself and try not to miss these important parts of your body –
- Ears. They are the third most frequent spot for skin cancers, according to the Skin Cancer Foundation.
- Eyelids. The best protection is wearing sunglasses or using facial moisturizer with SPF. Your eyelids absorb moisturizer better than sunscreen.
- Lips. Wear lip balm with an SPF and reapply after you eat or drink.
- Tops of your feet. Ouch! We’ve all been there. If you wear flip-flops, generously apply sunscreen. Reapply after dipping your feet in a pool or lake.
- Scalp. Wearing a hat is your best protection. Next best is applying sunscreen to your scalp.