WHAT IS CASE MANAGEMENT?
Case management is the coordination of care, services and resources for members with certain complex or chronic conditions. There is no extra cost for this service to health plan members with this benefit, and you can refer yourself.
Case management staff works closely with you and your caregivers to guide you through medical and community services that can be difficult to navigate. They coordinate health services and resources to make sure that you get the best care possible. The case management staff can assist you in setting goals and creating a plan that will maximize your health and improve quality of life.
Case Management Staff May Help
- Provide education about your health condition and care
- Support and reinforce treatments and therapies recommended by your health care provider
- Coordinate health services and clarify insurance benefits
- Connect you to community services or programs
Who Might Benefit?
- Members who have more than one serious health problem such as diabetes, heart failure or COPD
- Members who have experienced a significant event or diagnosis like cancer, stroke or traumatic brain injury
- Members who have had several emergency room visits or hospital stays
If you are interested in case management services, you can call Patient Resources at (866) 884-4601. You can also print and complete the request form online at QuartzBenefits.com/complexcase and either fax it to us at (608) 821-4884 or mail to: Case Management, 7974 UW Health Court, Middleton, Wisconsin 53562.