We’re excited about the future of affordable health care coverage in northern Illinois. For several years, we have offered self-funded health plans in the area and are pleased to expand our plan options to large group, small group and individuals in the counties of Boone, Ogle, Stephenson and Winnebago. We are also expanding our Senior Preferred (HMO) Medicare Advantage health plans in Winnebago County.
Swedes’ mission, “Through excellence in healthcare and compassionate service we care for our community” makes them a natural Quartz partner.
Local access to high-quality care
One of the most exciting aspects of our expansion is the development of our relationship with SwedishAmerican, a division of UW Health. “Swedes,” as it is commonly known, has provided quality health care in the communities of northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin for more than a century. SwedishAmerican’s relationship with UW Health makes it possible for dozens of UW Health specialists to treat patients locally in Rockford every day. A market leader with a reputation for personalized, high-quality health care, Swedes also offers –
- Two hospitals and 30 clinics
- The only heart hospital in the region
- The largest regional cancer center
- Primary care, immediate care and multi-specialty clinics
- Outpatient, wellness and education programs
An innovative approach to health care
With this expansion comes the Quartz Performance Plus Network that offers members innovative ways to access quality health care, including –
- When a member chooses the Performance Plus network option, they have access to the SwedishAmerican Partners Health Center, a new standard for patient centered care.
- When a member chooses the SwedishAmericanPartners Health Center as their primary care provider and medical home, they will receive all services at this clinic, including lab work and X-rays, with no copayment or cost-sharing.