The flu can be serious — even for people who are normally healthy. For young children, it could be dangerous.
How to Protect Your Family from the Flu
You can help protect your child from the flu by getting a flu vaccine for yourself and your child. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends everyone age 6 months and older get a flu vaccine. It’s important for young children and children with long-term health conditions to get vaccinated too.
Other than getting the flu vaccine, you can help your child avoid the flu by –
- Staying away from people who are sick
- Keeping your child home for at least 24 hours after his / her fever is gone
- Covering your mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze
- Washing hands often with soap and water
- Not touching your eyes, nose and mouth to help prevent the spread of germs
- Cleaning and disinfecting hard surfaces and objects
These tips are a good way to help lower your chances and your child’s chances of getting sick.
Where to Get a Flu Shot
Need help finding where to get a flu shot? Call your primary care clinic or go to QuartzBenefits.com/findapharmacy. Under Pharmacy Types, select the Eligible to provide flu vaccinations box to find a participating pharmacy near you*.