SEVEN THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT HEALTH AND DENTAL INSURANCE PACKAGES IN WI
Are you considering getting a health insurance package with dental benefits in Wisconsin? Before you purchase a plan, you may want to consider these important things to know about health and dental coverage.
- Not all health insurance plans include dental coverage
- Dental coverage can be purchased as part of a health plan, or as a separate, stand alone dental plan
- Wisconsin residents can buy health and dental insurance packages directly from some health insurance companies or through the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Pediatric dental coverage is considered an essential health benefit for children 18 and under. If you buy a plan directly from an insurance company, the company must provide pediatric dental coverage in the plan unless there is reasonable assurance that the buyer will or has purchased stand-alone dental insurance for the child(ren)
- Insurance companies do not have to offer dental coverage for adult
- To purchase a dental plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace, you must be enrolled in a health plan.
- If you buy a health and dental insurance package, you will only pay one monthly premium. If you purchase a stand-alone dental package, you may have to pay a separate premium each month
Unity offers Wisconsin health and dental insurance packages. See what plans you qualify for and get a quote today. For questions about our plans, call us at 608.829.5368