WHY CHEAP HEALTH INSURANCE CAN BE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE
You may find a cheap monthly price, but you might not save money if you use health care services.
Why Cheap Health Insurance May Not Be CheapYou know that health insurance matters. But do you know how much should you pay for coverage that is right for you? It might be tempting to save money each month rather than pay higher premiums. However, you could find yourself in a tough situation if you are injured or get sick without adequate coverage. In that case, your cheap health insurance may not help much with your medical bills.
That's because the cheapest health insurance plans might offer a low monthly premium, but also might mean limited coverage and insurance options, which suggest –
- You may have to reach higher deductibles, which can mean higher costs out-of-pocket
- You might not have access to the doctors and specialists you prefer
- You may not have access to wellness programs that reimburse you for healthy activities
So, while it’s tempting to pick cheap insurance with a low monthly premium, you could pay a lot of money for routine (or unexpected) specialist and doctor visits. That's why investing in a comprehensive health insurance plan might actually be the cheapest choice for you today – and in the future.
How do you know how to pick the right “cheap health insurance” plan for you?
- If you go to the doctor often and / or take a lot of medicine, it might be a good idea to pay a higher premium for a plan that pays more of your costs when you need care
- If you don't go to the doctor often or take medicine, you may want a plan with a lower monthly premium. However, when you go to the doctor, you'll probably pay more of the cost
Read more about what it means to buy low cost health insurance.
A complete health insurance plan may cover a broad range of services, including wellness programs. You can find these perks in plans at all metal levels and in a wide range of costs.
Carefully consider your options before you decide to just buy health insurance cheap. Choose an insurance plan that matches your unique health care needs, like how often you visit the doctor and the amount of medications you take.
Whether you choose a cheaper plan or a comprehensive plan, with a health plan from Unity Health Insurance, you'll have guaranteed access to 45 clinics in and around Dane County. Unity Health offers exceptional customer service and accurate claims processing. Sign up here if you'd like a reminder email for the next open enrollment period for health insurance or continue browsing additional health insurance resources.