Coaching and Therapy: What’s the difference?
No matter where you’re at in life, having a bit of support can help you get closer to your mental health goals. Sometimes, this support comes from loved ones. Other times, a professional can help guide you as you work through your emotions.
The good news is, as a Quartz member, you have options. With Quartz mental well-being programs with AbleTo, you have access to 1-on-1 therapy and coaching. Both programs are designed to help you feel your best but use different approaches.
Work one-on-one with an experienced, trained coach to:
- Help you set and achieve mental wellness goals
- Focus on learning and practicing coping skills
- Tackle daily challenges (burnout, relationship issues, etc.)
Work one-on-one with a licensed therapist to:
- Explore the relationship between experiences, emotions, and behavior
- Focus on addressing patterns that contribute to mental health symptoms
- Address complex needs (depression, anxiety, etc.)
Therapy and Coaching
Therapy and coaching are both great options! Both methods can:
- Drive long-term behavior change
- Help build emotional resilience
- Leverage cognitive behavioral therapy
- Involve 1-on-1 support from a trained professional
- Offer 8-week programs tailored to your unique needs
- Appointments scheduled within 5 business days
Not sure which program is right for you? We’ve got you covered. When you sign-up for 1-on-1 support, you’ll answer a few questions so that we can better understand your needs. Then, we’ll match you with the program that’s best fit for you. Or, you can check out our on-demand self-care program with resources you can use at your own pace.
- Flexible support that fits into your schedule
- Research-backed tools and skill-building activities
- Curated content to cope with daily challenges
- 24/7 access to digital self-care resources
Who can use AbleTo:
- Self-care is available for members ages 13+*
- Self-care, coaching, and therapy are available for members ages 18+**
Eligibility and cost share vary by plan coverage.† Visit AbleTo.com/Quartz to see if you qualify.
*AbleTo’s Self Care+ program is available to Quartz members and eligible dependents 13+ who are enrolled in an eligible health plan through Quartz.
**Additional coaching and therapy services: These services are offered to most commercial fully insured, State of Wisconsin Group Health Insurance Program, Medicaid, and Quartz Medicare Advantage (HMO), Employee Trust Funds (ETF), and Dual Eligible plans. Coaching sessions are offered at no additional cost to the member; however, therapy services are subject to cost-sharing depending on the service and the plan.
†Eligible Quartz health plans include most commercial fully insured, State of Wisconsin Group Health Insurance Program, Medicaid, and Quartz Medicare Advantage (HMO), and Dual Eligible plans.
AbleTo’s therapy services assist members in coping with covered mental health conditions like depression or anxiety. For more acute conditions, more extensive service may be needed. If you need emergency emotional assistance, call or text the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at 988 or use Lifeline Chat for 24/7 free and confidential support.
Quartz health plans are offered by Quartz Health Benefit Plans Corporation, Quartz Health Plan Corporation, Quartz Health Plan MN Corporation, and Quartz Health Insurance Corporation (Quartz), which are separate legal entities. ©2023 Quartz Health Solutions, Inc.