Posted: June 4, 2021 by quartzdev
Billing Post-Operative Care Management
Follow these billing/coding tips for smooth claims processing.
- Modifier 55 is used to report postsurgical care
- Modifier 54 is used to report surgical care only
- Modifier 54 and 55 should never be reported together
- Date of Service should be the date of surgery with assumed and relinquished date submitted in box 19 of the claim form or EDI equivalent field.
- The relinquished date should be the last date that care was provided.
- Units should be billed as 1. Do not report days of care as the units.
We're ListeningRead more
Real Time Benefit CheckRead more
Vaccines under Medicare Part DRead more
Reminders from our Provider ManualRead more
Prorated Pharmacy Copays Now AvailableRead more
Quartz Launches Mental Well-Being Programs with AbleToRead more
Quartz Continues Partnership with Milwaukee Brewers for 2023 SeasonRead more
Welcome to better well-beingRead more
Quartz Receives Richard L. Doyle Award for Successful Prior Authorization AutomationRead more