New, free and reduced cost preventive benefits take effect starting January 1, 2020, for many Quartz members* who have specific chronic conditions. They include –
- Blood pressure monitor for members diagnosed with high blood pressure
- Retinopathy screening and hemoglobin A1C testing for members diagnosed with diabetes
- International normalized ratio (INR) testing for members diagnosed with liver disease or bleeding disorders
- Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) testing for members diagnosed with heart disease
Also, we are changing the cost sharing on some pharmacy services and drug categories aimed at treating asthma, congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, depression, diabetes, heart disease, osteopenia and / or osteoporosis.
Learn more about at QuartzBenefits.com/preventive.
* Excludes members with State, Local, Federal, BadgerCare Plus or Medicare plans.
Quartz Coverage Update
Currently, Quartz covers Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems under the medical benefit with an approved prior authorization. Starting January 1, 2020, Quartz will also cover the Dexcom G6 CGM under the pharmacy benefit
For questions contact Quartz Customer Service at (800) 362-3310.