Posted: July 18, 2019 by quartzdev
Don’t Forget the H2O
When temps rise, your body can dehydrate very quickly. This is why getting enough water (H2O) is key to a healthy summer.
Stay healthy and hydrated this summer with these tips –
- Make water your number-one beverage
- Carry a water bottle with you
- Drink 8 ounces of water at every meal and snack. Health professionals recommend at least 64 ounces of water a day, which equals about 2 liters or a half-gallon a day. Ask your doctor what is the right amount for you and your health needs.
- Fruits and veggies are a great source of water. Try to have at least five servings daily.
- Limit coffee, black teas, dark soda pop and energy drinks with caffeine.
Signs of dehydration may include –
- Dry lips, mouth and skin
- Limited urination
Members Eliminate Half of Diabetes Medications, Achieve Clinically Significant Weight Loss After Six Months in Quartz’s Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes Reversal Treatments, Powered by Virta HealthRead more
How routines impact mental well-beingRead more
City of West Allis Celebrates Active Wellness Community alongside Quartz and National Fitness Campaign with Ribbon-Cutting of the Fitness Court®Read more
Support for a Life Well-LivedRead more
Tips from Dr. Patricia: Staying Safe in the SunRead more
7 Easy Ways to Make Someone’s Day (Including Your Own!)Read more
Shape up your self-care routineRead more
Struggling when things get busy?Read more