Posted: July 18, 2019 by quartzdev
Don’t Forget the H2O
When temps rise, your body can dehydrate very quickly. This is why getting enough water (H2O) is key to a healthy summer.
Stay healthy and hydrated this summer with these tips –
- Make water your number-one beverage
- Carry a water bottle with you
- Drink 8 ounces of water at every meal and snack. Health professionals recommend at least 64 ounces of water a day, which equals about 2 liters or a half-gallon a day. Ask your doctor what is the right amount for you and your health needs.
- Fruits and veggies are a great source of water. Try to have at least five servings daily.
- Limit coffee, black teas, dark soda pop and energy drinks with caffeine.
Signs of dehydration may include –
- Dry lips, mouth and skin
- Limited urination
Support for a Life Well-LivedRead more
Tips from Dr. Patricia: Staying Safe in the SunRead more
Take a Stand Against DiabetesRead more
Step by StepRead more
Manage Medications Easier with Pharmacy Benefits ToolRead more
Quartz Launches Mental Well-Being Programs with AbleToRead more
Leave diabetes behind and move forward to healthier daysRead more
Quartz Continues Partnership with Milwaukee Brewers for 2023 SeasonRead more
Welcome to better well-beingRead more
Quartz Receives Richard L. Doyle Award for Successful Prior Authorization AutomationRead more