Posted: July 3, 2019 by quartzdev
Be Smart with Fireworks
Summer means celebrations. And, every great celebration deserves fireworks. Here’s how to stay safe when the colors light up the night sky –
- Leave them to the experts. A sure way to stay safe is to let the experts handle the fireworks. Then, you can sit back and enjoy the show, safe and sound.
- Check first. If you do choose to light your own fireworks, make sure they’re legal in your area. Fireworks packaged in brown paper are made for professional displays. Don’t buy these.
- Adults only. Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks. Keep a close eye on the sparklers — they’re a leading cause of fireworks-related injuries.
- Know your surroundings. Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse. Back up to a safe distance immediately after lighting fireworks.
- Don’t touch. Never pick up fireworks that haven’t fully ignited, or try to relight them.
- Keep water close by. Have a bucket of water or a garden hose handy in case of fire or other mishap. After fireworks are done burning, douse them with plenty of water before throwing them out.
Support for a Life Well-LivedRead more
Tips from Dr. Patricia: Staying Safe in the SunRead more
Take a Stand Against DiabetesRead more
Step by StepRead more
Manage Medications Easier with Pharmacy Benefits ToolRead more
Looking For Your Benefit Information?Read more
Quartz Launches Mental Well-Being Programs with AbleToRead more
Leave diabetes behind and move forward to healthier daysRead more
Quartz Continues Partnership with Milwaukee Brewers for 2023 SeasonRead more
Welcome to better well-beingRead more