Posted: April 2, 2019 by quartzdev
Connect with Nature…
Did you know being outside with nature not only improves your physical health, but also your emotional health? Getting outside for even a few moments regularly can help you put down your phone and take a break from other stressors you have in your daily life. Research shows –
- Even low-impact exercise, such as walking, yoga or tai chi can help give both your mind and body a boost.1
- Simply being outdoors can reduce your cortisol, a stress hormone
- Being outdoors helps lower your blood pressure and adiponectin, a protein that helps regulate blood sugar levels.2
No matter where you are, finding ways to get away from screens, deadlines or worries will help you feel better, and be more mindful of what’s really important to your well-being.
Quartz’s Health Coaching program is one way our members can learn how to live healthier or exercise more. Visit QuartzBenefits.com/healthcoaching to learn more.*
*State and Local members can call StayWell at (800) 821-6591 to learn about their health coaching opportunities.
- Diana Kachan, PhD; Henry Olano, MPH; Stacey L. Tannenbaum, et. al, “Prevalence of Mindfulness Practices in the US Workforce: National Health Interview Survey,” (accessed December 21, 2018), available at cdc.gov.
- Park BJ, et al, “Physiological effects of Shirin-yoku – using salivary cortisol and cerebral activity as indicators,” (accessed December 21, 2018), available at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Quartz Continues Partnership with Milwaukee Brewers for 2023 SeasonRead more
Quartz Receives Richard L. Doyle Award for Successful Prior Authorization AutomationRead more
Quartz Named #1 Health Insurance Company for 6th Year RunningRead more
Introducing Our New Member Onboarding KitRead more
Medicare Advantage SpotlightRead more