Do you get woozy in a car or plane? Try these tips to help keep motion sickness at a standstill –
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol and big meals before a big trip.
- Water is your best bet.Keep your eyes on the horizon.
- Avoid reading, looking at your phone or staring at the seat in front of you. Where you sit matters.
- The more stable the ride, the better. In a car, sit in the front. On a plane, try to get a seat over the wing rather than way up front or in the back because there tends to be less motion in these areas.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist about prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medication options that may help.
Bon voyage, motion sickness!