For a list of preventive services covered under the Affordable Care Act, click here. (February 19, 2019)
Most health plans,* including those available through the Health Insurance Marketplace, must cover a set of preventive services at no extra cost to you. Preventive care includes routine services like check-ups, shots and screening tests that help keep you from getting sick or developing health problems. Taking full advantage of preventive care available under your Quartz plan is a positive start to healthy living.
New services recently added or soon to be added include –
Effective October 1, 2018
- Vision: Amblyopia screening for children ages 6 months to 5 years
Effective January 1, 2019
- Preventive prescription drug changes
- Fluoride supplements (drops, chewable tablets): For children with no fluoride in their water supply, fluoride supplements will be covered at $0 copay from age 6 months to 5 years
- Folic acid 400mcg and 800mcg (OTC): Beginning at age 12, folic acid will be covered at a $0 copay
- Colonoscopy preparations: Members within the age range of 50 to 75 years will have $0 copay for two prescriptions per year
- One annual screening for urinary incontinence was added for all women
- Diabetes (type 2) screening for women with a history of gestational diabetes: Expanding coverage from within one year after birth to include one screening annually for a minimum of 10 years after pregnancy
Effective April 1, 2019
- Behavioral counseling to prevent skin cancer: Age range of coverage is now age 6 months to 24 years
Please contact Quartz Customer Service at (800) 362-3310 if you have any questions about your benefits.