No Bake Oatmeal Protein Energy Balls Recipe Madison Wisconsin | Quartz
No-Bake Oatmeal Protein Energy Balls
Total preparation time: 10 minutes; Yields: 20-24 balls (1 inch diameter)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla or chocolate whey protein powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)*
- 3 T natural honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins, chocolate chips, Craisins® or preferred add-in
- 2-4 T liquid (almond milk, milk, water etc.)
- Add oats, protein powder, cinnamon and chia seeds to a large bowl.
- Add in peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add in raisins (or preferred add-in). Mixture should be slightly sticky but still crumbly.
- Slowly add in liquid 1 tablespoon at a time and using your hands (get dirty!) combine until it comes together in a sticky ball that holds together. If mixture is too dry, add in more liquid but not so much that it won’t hold shape.
- Roll into balls using your hands.
- Place in a container to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat.
The best snacks to fuel exercise have a serving of quick-acting carbohydrates and lean protein, while the best snacks for after exercise include a serving of quick and slow-acting carbohydrates and lean protein.
* Substitute ingredients to customize your favorite on-the-go recipe! Here are 25 options to superpower your fall activities: http://www.eatthis.com/these-energy-bites-make-a-perfect-healthy-snack