Posted: March 17, 2016 by quartzdev
Add these foods into your diet to help naturally boost your mood!
- Chocolate – Dark chocolate contains serotonin, a mood-boosting brain chemical. It also contains tryptophan which the brain uses to fuel serotonin production.
- Spinach (and other Dark Leafy Greens) – Cooked spinach contains folate, a vitamin that fights depression. It also is one of the best sources of iron. Iron helps deliver oxygen to your cells which increases energy levels.
- Legumes (Peas, Beans and Peanuts) – Legumes are a great source of magnesium, a mineral that enhances energy. A lack of magnesium may leave you feeling tired.
- Fish – Fish like salmon and tuna contain omega-3 fatty acids. These mood-boosting
nutrients are not produced in our bodies.
- Coffee and Tea – Caffeine, contained in both coffee and tea is a mild antidepressant. Tea also contains amino acids. When combined with caffeine, amino acids may help improve attention, focus and overall mood.
- Eggs – Eggs are rich in vitamins B and D. Vitamin D helps produce serotonin. Vitamin B gives you energy that lasts throughout the day. Eggs are also a great source of iron and protein.
- Bananas – Bananas contain vitamin B and potassium which helps provide a more constant release of energy. Bananas are one of the best energy-supplying fruits available.
Members Eliminate Half of Diabetes Medications, Achieve Clinically Significant Weight Loss After Six Months in Quartz’s Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes Reversal Treatments, Powered by Virta HealthRead more
How routines impact mental well-beingRead more
City of West Allis Celebrates Active Wellness Community alongside Quartz and National Fitness Campaign with Ribbon-Cutting of the Fitness Court®Read more
Support for a Life Well-LivedRead more
Tips from Dr. Patricia: Staying Safe in the SunRead more
7 Easy Ways to Make Someone’s Day (Including Your Own!)Read more
Shape up your self-care routineRead more
Struggling when things get busy?Read more